In 2016, Packagers Club held the national packaging contest Ukrainian Packaging Star 2016, which had its 18th edition, while Future Packaging 2016 was held for the 17th time. Co-organizer of the contests was Kyiv International Contract Fair.
At the contests 29 samples of packaging made by 15 enterprises from 9 cities of Ukraine were presented, as well as 38 samples from students of 9 higher educational establishments from 3 cities of Ukraine.
The contest jury, which consisted of famous scientists and industry representatives, artists and designers, selected the best samples.
Winners of the Ukrainian Packaging Star 2016 contest
- Ukrplastyk, PAT, Kyiv – figure packaging for mayonnaise “Spilva”;
- Ukrplastyk, PAT, Kyiv – packaging for candies “Bon-chance”;
- Ukrplastyk, PAT, Kyiv – packet for construction mixes “CERESIT”;
- Vetropak Hostomel Glass Factory, AT (Hostomel, Kyiv region) – bottle for Miakush, TM;
- DanKo Décor, PF, TOV (Kharkiv) – bottle “Lvoff”;
- Service Pack, TP, , TOV (Kharkiv) – packaging for candies “Lucas”;
- Novopak SV, TOV (Rzhyshchiv, Kyiv region) – lunch box made of foamed polystyrene;
- Danone Dnipro, TOV (Kherson) – packet for milk and fermented milk products with window;
- Kyiv Cardboard and Paper Factory, PAT (Obukhiv, Kyiv region) – packaging for juices “Konyk”;
- Kyiv Cardboard and Paper Factory, PAT (Obukhiv, Kyiv region) — SRP packaging for compartment inserts with hollow chocolate figures “Roshen”;
- Triumph-Pack, TOV (Kyiv) – paper packets for ice cream of LIMO, TM;
- Zirast-Dnipro, PrAT (Dnipropetrovsk) packaging for metal pipes;
- ALPHA PACK TRADE, TOV (Kyiv) – label “Kozatska rada – Osoblyva”.
Winners of the Future Packaging 2016 contest:
1st place – Pavlo Popov, student at National Academy of Decorative Art and Architecture (Kyiv) — Series of packaging for sets of Stolytsia Shokoladu, TM (tutor: V.K. Shostia);
2nd place – Viktoriia Basiuk, student at National Academy of Decorative Art and Architecture (Kyiv) – Series of packaging for Ukrainian adornments by Charunia, TM (tutor: V.K. Shostia);
3rd place – Inna Zhoholko, student at National Academy of Decorative Art and Architecture (Kyiv) – Series of present packaging for souvenirs by Solokha, TM (tutor: V.K. Shostia).
Special prize from IAC “Upakovka” for technological nature was awarded to Rubizhne cardboard factory, PAT (Rubizhne) for packaging “20 Coca-Cola”.
Special prize from Kyiv International Contract Fair for innovativeness went to Danone Dnipro, TOV (Kherson) for the packet for milk and fermented milk products with window.